What color should my baby's toys be?

Get a few that are black and white. A newborn's vision is worse than a bad referee's, but while they can't see color, they can see contrast because the cells that perceive details and colors (the cones) are kind of stubby for a while. But don't run out and redecorate your entire house with non-color items. By ten weeks, babies start to see big objects and bright colors (red, oranges, and greens, especially), but in the first few weeks, it wouldn't hurt to outfit your crib with a few pandas or zebras. Babies' attention to contrast is one of the reasons why your areola gets larger and darker during pregnancy.
YOU: Having a Baby: The Owner's Manual to a Happy and Healthy Pregnancy

Can I get a cavity filled while pregnant? Will avoiding spicy foods make my kid a picky eater? Can I really increase my baby's IQ while she's in utero? Whether you're pregnant for the first time,...

Continue Learning about Healthy Baby

Exposing Kids to Peanuts Early May Prevent Allergy Later
When I was growing up, PB & J was a lunch box staple. But due to the increase in peanut allergies (which have quadrupled in recent years), many school...
Are babies able to taste before they are born?
Alan Greene, MDAlan Greene, MD
Babies have more taste buds before birth than any later time. Why might this be? Why go to the troub...
9 Ways to Care for Your Baby’s Skin in Winter
9 Ways to Care for Your Baby’s Skin in Winter9 Ways to Care for Your Baby’s Skin in Winter9 Ways to Care for Your Baby’s Skin in Winter9 Ways to Care for Your Baby’s Skin in Winter
Protect your little one’s skin and relieve cold-weather dryness and more.
How Should I Answer Criticism About the Choices I Make In Raising My Baby?