Baby Care Basics
What parent hasn’t brought their new bundle of joy home from the hospital and then thought, “Now what?” Taking care of an infant means mastering a host of new skills, from feeding to burping to recognizing when baby is sick.Read more
Are You a Baby-Care Genius?Take the Quiz
Try AskMDRecord your baby's symptoms and medical history for a healthcare provider
The percentage of all SIDS deaths that occur before 6 months of age
Healthy Baby Q&As
How can I prevent a flat spot on my baby's head?
Since babies started sleeping on their backs, there has been an increase in parents reporting a flat spot on the back of their baby’s head. Experts say that this is normal and will. . .
- Q How should I choose a doctor for my baby?
- Q What should I do with my baby immediately after he or she is born?
- Q How can I make sure online information about infant sleep is reliable?
- Q How should I carry my newborn baby?
- Q Who is better for a baby, a pediatrician or a family practice physician?
- Q Is it possible to spoil a baby?
- Q How should I care for my 1-month-old baby?
- Q Is my baby's flat head dangerous?
- Q Why should I swaddle my baby?
- Q How should I answer criticism about the choices I make in raising my baby?