Baby Care Basics
What parent hasn’t brought their new bundle of joy home from the hospital and then thought, “Now what?” Taking care of an infant means mastering a host of new skills, from feeding to burping to recognizing when baby is sick.Read more
Are You a Baby-Care Genius?Take the Quiz
Try AskMDRecord your baby's symptoms and medical history for a healthcare provider
The percentage of all SIDS deaths that occur before 6 months of age
Healthy Baby Q&As
Univ. of Nev. School of Medicine, Family Medicine
Is co-sleeping safe?
No. Co-sleeping increases the risk of harm to the infant. Instead, an infant should be wrapped carefully and. . .
- Q Will my baby be aware of me immediately after he or she has been born?
- Q How should I care for my 9-month-old baby?
- Q How do I know what my baby needs?
- Q What is kangaroo care?
- Q What are soft spots (fontanels)?
- Q Are babies able to smell before they are born?
- Q Where can I get parental classes to help me after my delivery?
- Q How can I prevent a flat spot on my baby's head?
- Q What is skin-to-skin holding?
- Q Is it okay to leave my baby alone sometimes?
Recent Healthy Baby Articles
How to Reduce Your Baby’s Risk of SIDS What You Need to Know About SIDS More than 75,000 Britax Car Seats Recalled Exposing Kids to Peanuts Early May Prevent Allergy Later See All Articles