Baby Care Basics
What parent hasn’t brought their new bundle of joy home from the hospital and then thought, “Now what?” Taking care of an infant means mastering a host of new skills, from feeding to burping to recognizing when baby is sick.Read more
Are You a Baby-Care Genius?Take the Quiz
PreventionLearn which vaccines your baby needs at each age
The percentage of all SIDS deaths that occur before 6 months of age
Healthy Baby Q&As
Courtney Legum-Wenk, DO
Obstetrics & Gynecology
What are the benefits of breastfeeding?
Experts recommend six months of exclusive breastfeeding, which provides vital nutrients to your infant . . .
- Q Can I smoke in the house once the baby is home?
- Q How can I make sure online information about infant sleep is reliable?
- Q What questions should I ask before I select a doctor for my baby?
- Q Who is better for a baby, a pediatrician or a family practice physician?
- Q Is it possible to spoil a baby?
- Q How developed is my baby’s brain at birth?
- Q What should I do with my baby immediately after he or she is born?
- Q Will my baby be aware of me immediately after he or she has been born?
- Q Should I hold my baby skin-to-skin after I leave the hospital?
- Q How do I hold my baby skin-to-skin?
Recent Healthy Baby Articles
More than 75,000 Britax Car Seats Recalled What It Means When Your Baby Hurls Dangers of Sleeping With Baby Exposing Kids to Peanuts Early May Prevent Allergy Later See All Articles