Baby Care Basics
What parent hasn’t brought their new bundle of joy home from the hospital and then thought, “Now what?” Taking care of an infant means mastering a host of new skills, from feeding to burping to recognizing when baby is sick.Read more
Are You a Baby-Care Genius?Take the Quiz
PreventionLearn which vaccines your baby needs at each age
The percentage of all SIDS deaths that occur before 6 months of age
Healthy Baby Q&As
Courtney Legum-Wenk, DO
Obstetrics & Gynecology
What are the benefits of breastfeeding?
Experts recommend six months of exclusive breastfeeding, which provides vital nutrients to your infant . . .
- Q What should I do with my baby immediately after he or she is born?
- Q Is it possible to spoil a baby?
- Q What questions should I ask before I select a doctor for my baby?
- Q Is it okay to let my baby watch TV?
- Q How should I clean and care for a baby's skin?
- Q How can I keep my baby safe at home?
- Q What warning signs in my infant should make me call a doctor?
- Q Are baby products safer and gentler?
- Q How do I know what my baby needs?
- Q What baby things do I need to buy before I give birth?
Healthy Baby Action Plans
Bringing home a newborn can be a scary experience. Use these plans to handle those early weeks like a parenting pro.
Breastfeeding How-To Using an Infant Car Seat Safely 14 Must-Haves for Your Diaper Bag Getting a Newborn to Sleep Could Baby Powder Cause Cancer?
Healthy Baby Videos
Big Breastfeeding Benefits for Moms
New research is uncovering evidence of a previously unknown health boosts for nursing women -- one that lasts decades after your child is weaned.
Find out more
Please Do NOT Make Your Own Baby Formula
Tanya Altmann, MD, FAAP and Beth Saltz, MPH, RD explain why making your own formula in hopes of getting more "natural" ingredients can be dangerous for your baby.