Baby Care Basics
What parent hasn’t brought their new bundle of joy home from the hospital and then thought, “Now what?” Taking care of an infant means mastering a host of new skills, from feeding to burping to recognizing when baby is sick.Read more
Are You a Baby-Care Genius?Take the Quiz
Try AskMDRecord your baby's symptoms and medical history for a healthcare provider
The percentage of all SIDS deaths that occur before 6 months of age
Healthy Baby Q&As
How can I prevent a flat spot on my baby's head?
Since babies started sleeping on their backs, there has been an increase in parents reporting a flat spot on the back of their baby’s head. Experts say that this is normal and will. . .
- Q How can a pacifier be harmful for my baby?
- Q Will my baby be aware of me immediately after he or she has been born?
- Q Should I hold my baby skin-to-skin after I leave the hospital?
- Q How should I care for my 6-month-old baby?
- Q Who gets up more with a baby at night, men or women?
- Q Why is touching my child an important part of parenting?
- Q What warning signs in my infant should make me call a doctor?
- Q How should I talk to my child before bedtime?
- Q How should I care for my 15-month-old?
- Q How should I care for my 1-month-old baby?