Baby Care Basics
What parent hasn’t brought their new bundle of joy home from the hospital and then thought, “Now what?” Taking care of an infant means mastering a host of new skills, from feeding to burping to recognizing when baby is sick.Read more
Are You a Baby-Care Genius?Take the Quiz
Try AskMDRecord your baby's symptoms and medical history for a healthcare provider
The percentage of all SIDS deaths that occur before 6 months of age
Healthy Baby Q&As
How can I prevent a flat spot on my baby's head?
Since babies started sleeping on their backs, there has been an increase in parents reporting a flat spot on the back of their baby’s head. Experts say that this is normal and will. . .
- Q Who gets up more with a baby at night, men or women?
- Q What warning signs in my infant should make me call a doctor?
- Q How should I talk to my child before bedtime?
- Q Why is touching my child an important part of parenting?
- Q Should I hold my baby skin-to-skin after I leave the hospital?
- Q What questions should I ask before I select a doctor for my baby?
- Q How can I play with a newborn baby?
- Q When can I start holding my baby skin-to-skin?
- Q How should I care for my 15-month-old?
- Q Why do babies suck on things?
Recent Healthy Baby Articles
What You Need to Know About SIDS How to Reduce Your Baby’s Risk of SIDS More than 75,000 Britax Car Seats Recalled Exposing Kids to Peanuts Early May Prevent Allergy Later See All Articles