Baby Care Basics
What parent hasn’t brought their new bundle of joy home from the hospital and then thought, “Now what?” Taking care of an infant means mastering a host of new skills, from feeding to burping to recognizing when baby is sick.Read more
Are You a Baby-Care Genius?Take the Quiz
PreventionLearn which vaccines your baby needs at each age
The percentage of all SIDS deaths that occur before 6 months of age
Healthy Baby Q&As
Univ. of Nev. School of Medicine, Family Medicine
Is co-sleeping safe?
No. Co-sleeping increases the risk of harm to the infant. Instead, an infant should be wrapped carefully and. . .
- Q Can I smoke in the house once the baby is home?
- Q How can I make sure online information about infant sleep is reliable?
- Q What questions should I ask before I select a doctor for my baby?
- Q Who is better for a baby, a pediatrician or a family practice physician?
- Q Is it possible to spoil a baby?
- Q How developed is my baby’s brain at birth?
- Q What should I do with my baby immediately after he or she is born?
- Q Will my baby be aware of me immediately after he or she has been born?
- Q Should I hold my baby skin-to-skin after I leave the hospital?
- Q How do I hold my baby skin-to-skin?
Recent Healthy Baby Articles
Exposing Kids to Peanuts Early May Prevent Allergy Later Ask Dr. Darria: Breastfeeding Has Become Painful. What Can I Do? What It Means When Your Baby Hurls More than 75,000 Britax Car Seats Recalled See All Articles