Do lifestyle choices affect the way I age?

Caroline M. Apovian, MD
Endocrinology Diabetes & Metabolism
Lifestyle choices can have a big impact on the way you age -- diet, exercise, sleep and stress management are all important factors. In this video, weight management specialist Caroline Apovian, MD, shares some tips for optimal, healthy aging. 
Keith Roach, MD
Lifestyle choices including diet, exercise, stress management and smoking cessation affect how quickly we age. Watch as I discuss how changing your bad habits - like smoking and a poor diet - can slow aging.

Some people are young for their age: They are physiologically and mentally as active and vibrant as someone chronologically younger because they've slowed the pace of aging by making healthy lifestyle choices that can help prevent age-related diseases. Others are old for their age: they have abused their bodies with unhealthy lifestyle choices, causing them to age much faster than they should.
The RealAge Makeover: Take Years off Your Looks and Add Them to Your Life

Why not live at 60 feeling like you did at 35?Thousands of Americans are younger today than they were five years ago. How is that possible? By following the specific recommendations that reverse...

Continue Learning about Healthy Aging

Getting Older and Better -- at Correcting Mistakes
“You can’t teach an old dog new tricks.” That phrase has been applied to human seniors for centuries (it first appeared in a book on animal husbandry ...
How can the midlife transition act as a precursor for social change?
Boston Women's Health Book CollectiveBoston Women's Health Book Collective
For many of us, it is not the hormonal or physical transitions of menopause so much as the social tr...
How can I prevent health problems as I age?
Edtrina MossEdtrina Moss
Preventing health problems as one ages is a collaborative effort that includes the person, their fam...
What Excites You the Most About the Future of Brain Research?