What are the different types of midfacial augmentation?

Stuart A. Linder, MD
Plastic Surgery

Midfacial augmentation may be performed from both non-invasive and invasive techniques. The non-invasive techniques include dermal filler including hyaluronic acid such as Juvaderm, Perlane, Restylane or autologous fat grafting techniques. These procedures will need to be repeated in several months. A permanent silicone implant referred to as either a malar or submalar implant may be used to enhance the midfacial projection and width. Finally, a facelift procedure referred to as a midface lift may be performed by a plastic surgeon to elevate and tighten the submalar or midfacial region.

Continue Learning about Healthy Aging

Mind Your PQQs for Less Aging
Mind Your PQQs for Less Aging
Mitochondria, the cellular power plants that generate virtually all the energy your body requires, play a vital role in keeping organs youthful and he...
How can staying social help me maintain my independence as I age?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
Maintaining your independence as you age is easier when you have a wide network of friends and famil...
What are the factors in age-related disease that I can control?
Richard RicciardiRichard Ricciardi
You are wise to look for ways to reduce the impact that aging has on the human body. During the natu...
Has Aging in America Changed?
Has Aging in America Changed?