Can anyone become famous over 50?

"You're never too old to make a mark. Consider these late-in-life success stories:

• Julia Child: She began her long-running PBS program 'The French Chef' at 51, more than a decade after she learned to cook at the celebrated Cordon Bleu cooking school in France.
  • Peter Mark Roget: The esteemed British scientist in his retirement organized lists of similar words, creating the first edition of Roget's Thesaurus, published when he was 73.
  • Mahatma Gandhi: At 61, Gandhi led the 200-mile Salt March protesting the salt tax the British imposed on the people of India. The three-week march is considered a pivotal act in the quest for Indian independence.
  • Doris "Granny D" Haddock: At 89, Haddock began walking 10 miles a day in 1999 to raise awareness of campaign finance reform. The 14-month walk covered 3,200 miles between Los Angeles and Washington, D.C.
  • Ray Kroc: At 52, Kroc, then a milkshake-machine salesman, helped turn McDonald"s from a small chain of restaurants into the famous fast-food franchise.
  • Grandma Moses: Anna Mary Robertson Moses began painting at 76, when her arthritis prevented her from holding an embroidery needle. With no formal training, she painted more than 1,000 paintings in 25 years and was exhibited at the Museum of Modern Art in New York City, as well as museums in Paris and Vienna.
Renee Ross
Social Work
According to the US Census there will be more people over fifty than ever in History. Babv Boomers (Transition Navigators as I personally like) are working on reinventing themselves and the aging cycle . How many times have we heard "50" is the new "40" and so on. Today people recognize that taking care of their health and living fit is more important than age. Many of us recognize that we are limited only by how we think and feel about who we are and what we can do.

Continue Learning about Healthy Aging

Gen Xers and Baby Boomers Experiencing a Surge in Serious Mental Distress
Middle-aged adults between 45 and 59, a group that includes members of Generation X and the Baby Boom generation, may be at higher risk for for seriou...
How can I prepare for aging while I'm young?
Anaisys M. Ballesteros, DOAnaisys M. Ballesteros, DO
Here are the primary factors in preparing for aging while young: Exercise: Countless studies rem...
Can humans live forever?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
At this point, no, although not for lack of trying. Humans are thought to have a maximum lifespan of...
Selenium Keeps You Young
Selenium Keeps You Young