What are the nutritional benefits of potato skins?

When compared ounce for ounce, potato skin has more nutrients than the rest of the potato. Potato skin contains B vitamins, vitamin C, iron, calcium, potassium and other nutrients. Potato skin also provides lots of fiber, about 2 grams per ounce. If you eat a medium baked potato, including the skin, you'll get nearly 4 grams of fiber, 2 milligrams of iron and 926 grams of potassium. Be sure to wash the potato well and remove any obvious blemishes before cooking.

Continue Learning about Health Value Of Foods

Does Dark Chocolate on Valentine's Day Help Your Heart?
Heart-shaped boxes of chocolate are everywhere on Valentine's Day. The intriguing question, debated by scientists for decades, is whether the candy in...
Are pickled beets or cooked beets better?
Are pickled beets or cooked beets better? Learn more from our experts about pickled beets and cooked...
What Are the Health Benefits of Eating Adzuki Beans?
How Often Should I Include Fish In My Diet, and What Kinds?