A fiber-rich, low-carbohydrate Mexican "potato," jicama's nutritional profile makes it the perfect "baked potato" for those wishing to lose excess weight. Eaten raw, jicama's high vitamin C content also translates into good insurance against colds and flu.
- Q Are fresh fruits and vegetables healthier than frozen ones?
- Q What are the health benefits of legumes?
- Q Can quinoa cause an allergic reaction?
- Q How can I select crab?
- Q What should I eat to stay healthy?
- Q What are the health benefits of black sesame seeds?