When should I start getting annual whole-body skin exams?

Women in their thirties are getting skin cancer with increasing frequency. Put a note on your calendar to schedule an annual checkup with a dermatologist. To remind yourself, see if you can schedule it the same month as your annual pap smear with your ob-gyn. Make the month your check-up month.

From The Mind-Beauty Connection: 9 Days to Less Stress, Gorgeous Skin, and a Whole New You by Amy Wechsler.

Continue Learning about Health Screening & Wellness

What is the best way to measure body temperature?
Deborah Raines, MSNDeborah Raines, MSN
A rectal temperatures is an internal measurement taken in the rectum, and is slightly higher at 99.6...
How can timely health screening offer me peace of mind?
Susan S. Blum, MDSusan S. Blum, MD
It can help you know where you stand at any given time. But it does not replace the need to continue...
How Can I Determine If a Doctor Will See Patients at Night or on Weekends?
What Is One Way to Improve My Relationship with My Doctor?