Will insurance pay for my breast reduction?

Stuart A. Linder, MD
Plastic Surgery
Insurance may pay for your breast reduction depending upon the amount of tissue that will be removed. Each policy has exclusions, limitations, and requirements of breast tissue removal in gram weight per breast. In general, larger reduction mammoplasties are covered to alleviate back pain, neck strain, grooving of the brasierre along the shoulders, and rashes under the breasts. Documentation and photographs are often required during the preauthorization process. 

Continue Learning about Health Insurance

Will I be told if unauthorized people see my health information?
Office of the National Coordinator for Health ITOffice of the National Coordinator for Health IT
The HIPAA Breach Notification Rule requires most doctors, hospitals, other health care providers and...
What type of life insurance is right for me?
Maria Ferrante-SchepisMaria Ferrante-Schepis
The two most important things to consider when choosing the right type of life insurance for you are...
How do I check that my insurance covers breast cancer surgery expenses?
Dede BonnerDede Bonner
Prior to admittance, you need to check with both the hospital and your health-insurance carrier to d...
How do I get reimbursed under my health reimbursement account (HRA)?
Receiving funds from your health reimbursement account (HRA) may be done in one of a few different w...