Why might fee-for-service health insurance be right for a cancer survivor?

Indemnity plans are also called fee-for-service plans. This type of plan allows policyholders to use any of the health services that are covered by the plan when they need health care.

Indemnity plans allow policyholders to choose physicians, (including specialists, such as oncologists and surgeons), hospitals and other health care providers for medical care. There is no specific network of approved medical providers. If the health care service is covered under the provisions of your plan, the insurer pays a certain amount (usually a percentage) of the medical expense, as defined by the plan.

Continue Learning about Health Insurance

How do I qualify for a Health Savings Account (HSA)?
To open a health savings account (HSA), you must meet the following requirements, according to the I...
What is the most I am at risk to pay for healthcare per year?
Insurance plans typically carry an out-of-pocket maximum or limit, which is the most you would have ...
What do I do if my health insurance claim for cancer treatment is denied?
LIVESTRONGLIVESTRONG
If an insurance claim that has been submitted to the insurer to cover medical expenses is denied, co...
Who controls the funds in a health reimbursement account (HRA)?
Your employer controls the funds in your health reimbursement account (HRA) in a number of ways. ...