How can people get insurance coverage?

Private insurance is offered through group plans and individual plans. For those who are eligible, the government also offers coverage through Medicare, Medicaid and Military Health Care.
Most people under retirement age get their health insurance through their employer. Some get their insurance from a union or organization. You can also buy individual health insurance to cover you and your family. If you can’t get insurance through your work and can’t afford to buy it yourself, you may qualify for coverage under federal or state plans that offer insurance at lower rates.

Continue Learning about Health Insurance

Healthcare Generosity has Overwhelming Benefits for You and Society
In tough times, lots of folks think when it comes to healthcare, tightening the purse strings, letting folks fend for themselves and advocating tough ...
What are the different ways to pay for long term care?
Shelley WebbShelley Webb
There are basically 4 ways to pay for long term care:  Private funds, Insurances such as Medicare...
Will I be told if unauthorized people see my health information?
Office of the National Coordinator for Health ITOffice of the National Coordinator for Health IT
The HIPAA Breach Notification Rule requires most doctors, hospitals, other health care providers and...
How Is Your Insurance Company Model Different?