If you have no insurance or cannot pay, find out if it is possible to arrange for reduced charges and/or set up a payment plan. You can contact your state or county health department, a hospital financial counselor, social worker, or a patient advocate program for more information. You can also contact a cancer organization, such as the Patient Advocate Foundation through the LIVESTRONG SurvivorCare program, for help finding financial assistance.
- Q How can I get help with dental expenses?
- Q What should I do if I can't afford my blood pressure medication?
- Q What help is available to cancer patients for phone service and food costs?
- Q How can I see an aesthetic dentist when my budget is tight?
- Q How can I get help applying for medical benefits?
- Q Do over-the-counter medications cost more in the hospital?