How do prescription drug plans work?

Prescription drug plans vary quite a bit depending on the type of insurance you have. Most managed-care plans offer co-pays on drugs in the plan’s formulary (approved drug list). Indemnity plans, on the other hand, usually reimburse you for some portion of your drug costs. To find out more about how your prescription drug plan works, call your insurer’s customer service department.

Continue Learning about Health Insurance

How to Break the Health Insurance-Stress Cycle
The plot of the TV series Breaking Bad hinged on the premise that overwhelming stress caused by out-of-pocket costs for cancer treatment could turn a ...
Will I be told if unauthorized people see my health information?
Office of the National Coordinator for Health ITOffice of the National Coordinator for Health IT
The HIPAA Breach Notification Rule requires most doctors, hospitals, other health care providers and...
How to Choose a Health Insurance Plan at Work
How to Choose a Health Insurance Plan at WorkHow to Choose a Health Insurance Plan at WorkHow to Choose a Health Insurance Plan at WorkHow to Choose a Health Insurance Plan at Work
Ask these five questions to save money and ensure you and your family get the right care. You were offered a new job and you’ve accepted the position—...
In What Ways Do You Think the American Healthcare System is Broken?