Why should I research a health insurance company's CEO?

Does the CEO have more than ten years of experience in healthcare? He or she ought to. Look at the CEO’s bio on the insurer’s web site. Several insurance company CEOs actually have no insurance experience whatsoever. For example, they may have been president of a bank holding company that acquired the insurer in a hostile takeover. Read between the lines; a CEO resume that spouts off a litany of investment firms but shows no direct experience in healthcare wouldn’t make us feel extremely confident if we were shopping for an insurer and had another choice.

Continue Learning about Health Insurance

Does insurance cover hospice care?
Coverage may be available through Medicare, Medicaid and private insurance, and some hospices ma...
What should a transplant recipient know about health insurance?
Columbia University Department of SurgeryColumbia University Department of Surgery
Insurance has become the ugly word of medicine. With that said, it is important that you know as muc...
Will choosing a doctor within my insurer's network save me money?
Choosing a doctor within your insurer's network usually will cost you less money than choosing a doc...
What happens when my term life insurance expires?
Maria Ferrante-SchepisMaria Ferrante-Schepis
One advantage to term life insurance is that your premium–that is, the amount you pay to your insure...