What type of eye doctor will my health insurance cover?

If your health insurance covers anything to do with your peepers without forcing you to buy separate vision insurance, you most likely will be able to see either an ophthalmologist (a medical doctor who specializes in eyes) or an optometrist, also known as a doctor of optometry (O.D.). To find out the specifics of your plan, contact your provider.

Continue Learning about Health Insurance

How Can I Use My HSA Funds?
How Can I Use My HSA Funds?
If you are currently enrolled in an eligible high-deductible health insurance plan, contributing money to a health savings account (HSA) is a great wa...
7 Questions to Ask About Health Insurance Before Taking a Job
Congratulations on the job offer! Once salary negotiations have ended and you’re almost ready to sign on the dotted line, it will be time to delve int...
What are the different types of public health insurance?
There are two main types of public insurance: Medicare and Medicaid. Medicaid is a state-run progra...
How Does an Insurance Company Feel About the Affordable Care Act?