Do insurance plans cover chiropractic?

Chiropractic is technically considered a form of complementary and alternative medicine (CAM). As a result, coverage for chiropractic care varies as much as seasonal fashion trends. For example, Medicare Part B (medical insurance) pays for basic chiropractic care, or manipulation of the spine and nervous system. However, it will not cover your initial physical exam, X-rays, physical therapy, orthopedic devices, vitamins and supplements, and evaluation services. So before you schedule a date with a chiropractor, call your insurance provider or invest in a set of quality magnifying glasses to examine the fine print of your plan to figure out what type of chiropractic care (if any) is covered.

Continue Learning about Health Insurance

Will I pay more for out-of-network services?
Out-of-network services will likely cost you more  than services provided by doctors or other health...
What are the tax benefits of a health savings account (HSA)?
There are several tax benefits of a health savings account (HSA), an account or trust you set up wit...
What type of life insurance is right for me?
Maria Ferrante-SchepisMaria Ferrante-Schepis
The two most important things to consider when choosing the right type of life insurance for you are...
How does a health savings account differ from a flexible spending account?
Both health savings accounts (HSA) and flexible spending accounts (FSA) offer you ways to cover your...