Do defined contribution health plans cover eye care and eyewear costs?

Sometimes. The beauty of defined contribution health plans is that you have a lot of options. So when it comes to eye care and eyewear costs, it depends on what type of plan you have selected and/or if you have a medical spending/savings account. Contact your plan’s administrator or examine your paperwork if you have questions.

Continue Learning about Health Insurance

How to Make Sense of Your Health Insurance Coverage
It happened again—another mysterious medical bill has arrived for treatment you thought was covered under your health insurance policy. Before the fru...
Will my insurance cover VELscope test?
Dr. Benjamin S Fiss DDSDr. Benjamin S Fiss DDS
Your dental insurance may or may not cover the fee for this care. Coverage for this procedure (like ...
What long-term needs should I consider when reviewing my life insurance?
Philip Lisagor, MDPhilip Lisagor, MD
When reviewing your long-term life insurance coverage needs, you should consider: How many peopl...
Does the restriction on annual limits apply to all benefits?
The restriction on annual limits is a provision in the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (P...