If I start my own business, can I buy health insurance via an exchange?

Joane Goodroe
Nursing

Insurance for a new business would be acquired through traditional channels at this time. An update on Health exchanges as of February 15, 2012, 40 states and the District of Columbia have introduced legislation that would establish a state exchange program. Among them, ten states and D.C. have enacted such bills into law, and another two states have authority to operate a state exchange. Insurance Exchange establishment legislation failed to move forward in 16 states. A measure is currently pending in 18 states, including several in which new bills have been introduced in 2012 after previous bills failed in 2011.

Continue Learning about Healthcare Reform

How to Pick a Plan in the Health Insurance Marketplace
Since the Affordable Care Act’s (ACA) Health Insurance Marketplaces opened for business in 2013, many more people have been regularly shopping for ins...
If I don't have health insurance, what will happen to me under the new law?
Joane GoodroeJoane Goodroe
In order not to be subject to a tax penalty, the deadline to enroll in health insurance is March 31s...
Is breastfeeding counseling covered by the Affordable Care Act?
Multiple Sclerosis FoundationMultiple Sclerosis Foundation
Under the Affordable Care Act, one of the women’s preventive services that is covered without cost-s...
How Do You Envision a National Conversation to Implement Change around Senior Health Issues?