Who decides when I can be discharged from the hospital?

The decision as to when you can be discharged from the hospital is often a group decision. You would need clearances from the attending physician and any specialists that treated you. For example, if you came in with pneumonia and were seen by a lung doctor, an infectious disease specialist and an attending physician, you would need to be cleared for discharge by all of these doctors.

Continue Learning about Healthcare Basics

How to Get Generic Drugs You Need
How to Get Generic Drugs You Need
“It was just on the tip of my tongue. What was it?” If you’re taking medication, chances are the answer to your questions is, “A generic drug.” About...
What is a primary care physician (PCP)?
TriStar Centennial Medical CenterTriStar Centennial Medical Center
A primary care physician can be one of your most valuable assets when it comes to your health. He or...
10 Things Nurses Wish Their Patients Knew
10 Things Nurses Wish Their Patients Knew10 Things Nurses Wish Their Patients Knew10 Things Nurses Wish Their Patients Knew10 Things Nurses Wish Their Patients Knew
Be honest, speak up and don't forget to stop in and say hello
Is It Helpful for a Patient to Know About a Disease That Is Incurable?