When will I meet the breast nurse navigator?

A breast care navigator usually meets a patient after diagnosis, but before the patient has started treatment.

You will meet the breast nurse navigator after the first abnormal finding is found on a mammogram. You will continue meeting with the breast nurse navigator through diagnosis and treatment. The role of the breast nurse navigator is to coordinate psychosocial and educational support resources. The breast nurse navigator will then help you navigate through the complex treatment options and the task of coordinating care across multiple modalities.

Continue Learning about Healthcare Basics

The Difference Between Misdiagnosis and Missed Diagnosis
In 1921, at age 39, Franklin Delano Roosevelt suddenly developed pain and paralysis in his upper and lower body. Although he regained control of his u...
How can my attitude help me cope with my chronic disease?
Mercy HealthMercy Health
While it's important to know the physical aspects of disease prevention, knowing how to maintain a h...
Am I Normal? 6 Body Issues Explained
Am I Normal? 6 Body Issues ExplainedAm I Normal? 6 Body Issues ExplainedAm I Normal? 6 Body Issues ExplainedAm I Normal? 6 Body Issues Explained
If you’ve gained a little weight or your hair is a bit thinner, check out some common problems and what they may mean for your health.
Why Do We Still Rely on Bed Nets to Wipe Out Malaria in Developing Countries?