When will I meet the breast nurse navigator?

A breast care navigator usually meets a patient after diagnosis, but before the patient has started treatment.

You will meet the breast nurse navigator after the first abnormal finding is found on a mammogram. You will continue meeting with the breast nurse navigator through diagnosis and treatment. The role of the breast nurse navigator is to coordinate psychosocial and educational support resources. The breast nurse navigator will then help you navigate through the complex treatment options and the task of coordinating care across multiple modalities.

Continue Learning about Healthcare Basics

4 Smart Steps to Prevent Weekend Medical Mistakes
The eagle flies on Friday declared T-Bone Walker in the 1947 hit tune "Stormy Monday." That blues-y phrase means Friday equals payday—and that equals ...
When should I see a gastroenterologist?
Regional Medical Center Bayonet PointRegional Medical Center Bayonet Point
A patient should see a gastroenterologist for colonoscopies, digestive diseases and issues with the ...
10 Things Nurses Wish Their Patients Knew
10 Things Nurses Wish Their Patients Knew10 Things Nurses Wish Their Patients Knew10 Things Nurses Wish Their Patients Knew10 Things Nurses Wish Their Patients Knew
Be honest, speak up and don't forget to stop in and say hello
What's an Example of a Surprising Moment in Mobile Health?