What do social workers do?

Philip Lisagor, MD
Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular)
Social workers within hospitals, health clinics, adult senior centers and other social services agencies can be very helpful in assessing and securing appropriate services for you. They provide a variety of services, such as case management that links you with agencies and programs, clinical assessment and counseling with psychosocial issues, help with planning of care and monitoring the implementation of services.

Continue Learning about Healthcare Basics

Why Busy ERs May Be Better
Why Busy ERs May Be Better
You’re having a medical emergency—do you go to the emergency room where the waiting room always seems crowded? Or head to the quieter one where you fi...
Are urgent care fees higher than a hospital ER?
CareNowCareNow
A patient’s out-of-pocket costs are typically substantially higher to be seen in the emergency depar...
What I Love About Nursing
What I Love About NursingWhat I Love About NursingWhat I Love About NursingWhat I Love About Nursing
In honor of Nurses' Week, check out these nurses from Sigma Theta Tau International (STTI), and learn about what drives their passion to care for othe...
The Dark Side of CT Scans
The Dark Side of CT Scans