What do medical social workers do in children's hospitals?

Medical social workers help patients and families cope with stress when a child receives care at the hospital. They help families identify support systems, resources, and other programs a family might need. They help in the following ways:
  • assist communication between patients and families, and the medical team
  • help during a crisis
  • provide emotional support
  • provide short-term counseling
  • provide contacts for resources and support services

Continue Learning about Healthcare Basics

5 Things Your Nurse Wants You to Know
5 Things Your Nurse Wants You to Know
I consider myself lucky to be one of the 3.1 million registered nurses (RN) in the US, an amazing profession full of passionate, kind, brilliant women...
What credit card information should I organize before I die?
EverplansEverplans
It is important to organize your credit card information before you die. The information to gather f...
What I Love About Nursing
What I Love About NursingWhat I Love About NursingWhat I Love About NursingWhat I Love About Nursing
In honor of Nurses' Week, check out these nurses from Sigma Theta Tau International (STTI), and learn about what drives their passion to care for othe...
What Are Our Biggest Healthcare Problems?