What is a patient care assistant?

A patient care assistant, also known as a medical or clinical assistant, works closely with nurses to bring care to people. When people are staying in the hospital, the patient care assistant will help them get dressed, wash up or go to the bathroom if they need help.

Continue Learning about Healthcare Basics

The #1 Way to be a Better Patient
The #1 Way to be a Better Patient
Have you ever walked out of the doctor’s office and immediately forgotten what the doc told you? Don’t worry, you’re not alone: According to research...
What are silent killer diseases?
When probed about the scariest diseases, many doctors point to ones that disguise their warning sign...
Am I Normal? 6 Body Issues Explained
Am I Normal? 6 Body Issues ExplainedAm I Normal? 6 Body Issues ExplainedAm I Normal? 6 Body Issues ExplainedAm I Normal? 6 Body Issues Explained
If you’ve gained a little weight or your hair is a bit thinner, check out some common problems and what they may mean for your health.
How Will the Next Generation of Healthcare Providers Interact with Mobile Health Technology?