What is a nurse navigator?

A nurse navigator is a licensed professional who walks the patient and family through the plethora of choices related to health care and health systems.  She or he is a critical member of the healthcare team and has an influence on outcomes.  
A nurse navigator follows patients once they change from inpatient to outpatient status, says cardiac nurse navigator Elizabeth Lamadrid of Westside Regional Medical Center.

Continue Learning about Healthcare Basics

5 Things Your Nurse Wants You to Know
5 Things Your Nurse Wants You to Know
I consider myself lucky to be one of the 3.1 million registered nurses (RN) in the US, an amazing profession full of passionate, kind, brilliant women...
Who is on a surgical team?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
The surgical team is made up of specialist doctors and nurses. It's their function to take care of p...
5 Bogus Health Tips
5 Bogus Health Tips5 Bogus Health Tips5 Bogus Health Tips5 Bogus Health Tips
These common health rules may not be as accurate as you think.
What Do We Really Know about Malaria Today?