What should I consider when deciding what to do with cremated remains?

You might want to consider the following when deciding what to do with cremated remains:
  • Would you like the cremated remains be buried at a cemetery? If so, does the cemetery need to meet specific requirements (religious cemetery, veterans’ cemetery, green cemetery, etc.)?
  • If you'd like the remains to be buried, will you need to purchase a plot at a cemetery?
  • If you'd like the remains to be entombed, will you need to purchase a space in a columbarium niche at a cemetery?
  • Would you like the cremated remains be kept by family or friends? If so, who would you like to get the remains?
  • Would you like the cremated remains be scattered? If so, where?

Continue Learning about Healthcare Basics

A Nurse's Perspective: The 3 Most Awesome Healthcare Tips
As the head nurse at a level 2 trauma center, I listen and communicate with empathy to help my patients to survive, heal and go home healthier. But I’...
What retirement and pension information should I organize before I die?
EverplansEverplans
It is important to organize your pension plans and retirement benefit information before you die. Th...
What I Love About Nursing
What I Love About NursingWhat I Love About NursingWhat I Love About NursingWhat I Love About Nursing
In honor of Nurses' Week, check out these nurses from Sigma Theta Tau International (STTI), and learn about what drives their passion to care for othe...
Is There Anything Else on the Market like Wellaho's Product?