What questions should I ask my doctor about my medicines?

If you’re thinking about taking a medicine, ask your healthcare provider:
1) Are there options besides taking a medicine (such as diet or exercise) that would work for me?
2) How will it help treat my illness?
3) What are the benefits versus the risks of taking it?
4) What steps can I take to make sure it works best for me?
5) When should I follow up with you to discuss how it makes me feel and if it works for me?

Continue Learning about Healthcare Basics

Medications and Mosquitoes: The Latest Developments
Q: Congress passed a Right-to-Try bill, which means that people who are terminally ill can try new drugs without FDA approval. That’s a good thing, ri...
What are the benefits of a breast patient navigator?
TriStar Summit Medical CenterTriStar Summit Medical Center
Women diagnosed with breast disease are sometimes provided with a breast-health patient navigator. T...
10 Things Nurses Wish Their Patients Knew
10 Things Nurses Wish Their Patients Knew10 Things Nurses Wish Their Patients Knew10 Things Nurses Wish Their Patients Knew10 Things Nurses Wish Their Patients Knew
Be honest, speak up and don't forget to stop in and say hello
Is Our Healthcare System a Sick Care System?