How can I find an experienced thyroid surgeon?

Research has shown that experienced surgeons who specialize in thyroid operations have superior surgical outcomes and less frequent complications compared to providers who only rarely perform thyroid surgery. Ask your primary care physician or endocrinologist to refer you to an experienced thyroid surgery specialist. When speaking with your surgeon, it is acceptable and appropriate to ask them how many thyroid operations they do in a year (high volume surgeons perform >50 thyroid operations per year). Members of the American Association of Endocrine Surgeons (AAES) have clinical and research expertise in thyroid surgery.
For more information go to endocrinediseases.org:
http://endocrinesurgery.org/membership/findmember.htmlv

Continue Learning about Healthcare Basics

5 Things Your Nurse Wants You to Know
5 Things Your Nurse Wants You to Know
I consider myself lucky to be one of the 3.1 million registered nurses (RN) in the US, an amazing profession full of passionate, kind, brilliant women...
Are urgent care fees higher than a hospital ER?
CareNowCareNow
A patient’s out-of-pocket costs are typically substantially higher to be seen in the emergency depar...
What is the role of urgent care in today’s healthcare system?
CareNowCareNow
Urgent care often serves as the entry point to healthcare for those who are not already under the ca...
When Will Electronic Medical Records Be Universal?