How is a children's hospital different from other hospitals?

A children's hospital is planned around the special needs of children and their families. All of the doctors have special training in pediatrics, whether they're pediatric surgeons or pediatric anesthesiologists or pediatric radiologists; all of the nurses are experienced in caring for children. This concentration allows us to develop specific expertise in pediatric problems and to develop special programs for children (such as Minimal Access Surgery, pediatric trauma care, etc.).

Continue Learning about Healthcare Basics

3 Steps to Reduce the Major Health Risk You Face Every Day
In the United States, many people spend an awful lot of time sitting. We sit when we drive, eat, use the computer, watch TV, and read. Many of us sit ...
Why Busy ERs May Be Better
Why Busy ERs May Be Better
You’re having a medical emergency—do you go to the emergency room where the waiting room always seems crowded? Or head to the quieter one where you fi...
Should I talk to my doctor about different dosing?
Should I talk to my doctor about different dosing? Always discuss any change in the dose of a drug w...
What Nurses Love Most About Their Jobs
What Nurses Love Most About Their JobsWhat Nurses Love Most About Their JobsWhat Nurses Love Most About Their JobsWhat Nurses Love Most About Their Jobs
Learn what drives and inspires nurses to follow their calling to provide extraordinary care. Nursing can be both an incredibly challenging—and deeply...