Does art help healing?

Yes -- patients will heal faster with art on the wall that connects the patient to the healing power of nature and the magic of the outdoors. Caregivers and visitors will also benefit from healing art on the walls of corridors, waiting rooms and patient rooms. The longer a patient is confined, the greater the need to enjoy natural beauty that we often take for granted.
Surgical instruments must be sterile, but hospital walls don’t have to be! Physical treatment is of prime importance. But today, increased attention is being given to the emotional wellness of those who need repair, rehabilitation and recovery. This gives healing art a far greater purpose than mere decorative value. Bland walls beg for healing art! 

Continue Learning about Healthcare Basics

A Nurse's Perspective: The 3 Most Awesome Healthcare Tips
As the head nurse at a level 2 trauma center, I listen and communicate with empathy to help my patients to survive, heal and go home healthier. But I’...
What are prescription drug monitoring programs?
Prescription Drug Monitoring Programs (PDMPs) are state-run electronic databases used to track the p...
What I Love About Nursing
What I Love About NursingWhat I Love About NursingWhat I Love About NursingWhat I Love About Nursing
In honor of Nurses' Week, check out these nurses from Sigma Theta Tau International (STTI), and learn about what drives their passion to care for othe...
What Does a Chief Innovation Officer Do?