What does it mean to have a "chronic" headache?

People who suffer chronic daily headaches experience headaches more than 15 days a month. There are several kinds of chronic daily headaches. They include chronic tension headaches, chronic cluster headaches and chronic migraines.

Dr. Steven A. Meyers, MD
Diagnostic Radiologist

Chronic daily headache is defined as having headaches on more than 15 days per month for at least 3 months. Most persons with chronic daily headache have either chronic migraine or chronic tension type headache. Over use of certain medications may increase the chances of developing chronic daily headache.

Continue Learning about Headache

5 Headaches You Don't Deserve
5 Headaches You Don't Deserve
Sometimes a headache is right out of a no-good-deed-goes-unpunished script. We're talking about the kind that happens when you're working out, spendin...
What can I expect from a visit to the doctor for my headaches?
Dawn MarcusDawn Marcus
There are many things that can come out of a visit to the doctor about your headaches. Don't exp...
What Your Headache Is Telling You
What Your Headache Is Telling YouWhat Your Headache Is Telling YouWhat Your Headache Is Telling YouWhat Your Headache Is Telling You
Chocolate, wine or sex could be to blame for your headaches.
Why Is Migraine Often Misdiagnosed?
Why Is Migraine Often Misdiagnosed?