Why does singing make us happy?

Singing releases endorphins, the feel-good chemicals in the brain. Because the deep breathing needed to sing draws more oxygen into the blood and causes better circulation, it's also an aerobic activity and a natural stress-reducer. Plus, people who sing in choral groups might feel a lift from their social connection and working in unison.

Continue Learning about Happiness

Get Happier: Crank up the Cuddle Hormone
Oh, what the cuddle hormone, oxytocin, can do for you! Long famous for helping moms and newborns become bonded, new reports show this chemical, produc...
How should I structure my day for a happy, organized life?
Ms. Ashley Koff, RDMs. Ashley Koff, RD
To structure your day, set boundaries -- specific time periods during which certain tasks get comple...
Health Experts Answer: What Is Happiness?
Health Experts Answer: What Is Happiness?Health Experts Answer: What Is Happiness?Health Experts Answer: What Is Happiness?Health Experts Answer: What Is Happiness?
What is the definition of happiness? Mental health experts offer their take.
The Science of Happiness
The Science of Happiness