Why does singing make us happy?

Singing releases endorphins, the feel-good chemicals in the brain. Because the deep breathing needed to sing draws more oxygen into the blood and causes better circulation, it's also an aerobic activity and a natural stress-reducer. Plus, people who sing in choral groups might feel a lift from their social connection and working in unison.

Continue Learning about Happiness

The Unexpected Health Benefits of Laughter
Humor has a way of knocking off our rough edges. It playfully jolts us awake and tickles us until we surrender to laughter. I vividly recall a favori...
Can practicing kindness help make me happy?
Ronald SiegelRonald Siegel
While the specific values and purposes you identify in your life may differ from time to time and fr...
5 Things That Sabotage Your Happiness
5 Things That Sabotage Your Happiness5 Things That Sabotage Your Happiness5 Things That Sabotage Your Happiness5 Things That Sabotage Your Happiness
Boost your joy every day by avoiding these five happiness-wreckers.
5 Ways to Get to Your Happy Place
5 Ways to Get to Your Happy Place