Why does singing make us happy?

Singing releases endorphins, the feel-good chemicals in the brain. Because the deep breathing needed to sing draws more oxygen into the blood and causes better circulation, it's also an aerobic activity and a natural stress-reducer. Plus, people who sing in choral groups might feel a lift from their social connection and working in unison.

Continue Learning about Happiness

Why Civility Makes Us Healthier
Why Civility Makes Us Healthier
I was standing on a corner in New York City waiting for a taxi. On the opposite corner a man who appeared to be homeless was pushing an overfilled car...
Want to Feel Happy? Just Say No
Want to Feel Happy? Just Say No
Have you ever said yes when you wanted to say no? Chances are you have – and you’re far from alone. But giving yourself permission to turn down reques...
4 No-Fail Ways to Curb Your Inner Critic
“Mediocre.” “Procrastinator.” “Wavering.” This is how my friend described herself—and I was stunned. She is, in fact, successful and beautiful and som...
The Benefits of Sunshine
The Benefits of Sunshine