Is happiness contagious?

Yes. A recently released 20-year study says a person's good mood positively affects those around him. If you see a happy person, the study says, you have a 25 percent chance of becoming happy too. Then someone else can catch your good cheer.

Continue Learning about Happiness

The Health Benefits of Happiness
The Health Benefits of Happiness
Who doesn’t want to feel happy? A good mood may put a spring in your step -- but researchers have found that happiness may do even more by protecting ...
Happiness Is… Updating My Facebook Page
Happiness Is… Updating My Facebook Page
I joined Facebook on February 13, 2008, solely to play online Scrabble with some coworkers. I had no idea what Facebook was and, honestly, all I wante...
Optimists Have Better Heart Health
Optimists Have Better Heart Health
“A pessimist,” said Winston Churchill, “sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.” His explanati...
Can a fake smile make me happy?
Christine Carter, PhDChristine Carter, PhD
You really can fake it until you make it, so long as you know the right techniques. In this vide...