Do all women with PCOS have insulin resistance?

There is a subset of women with polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) who do not have high levels of male hormone, are not overweight and do not have insulin resistance. Having a glucose tolerance test and insulin level performed will provide information about insulin resistance.

Continue Learning about Gynecology

My Pap Smear Was Abnormal. Should I Be Worried?
A Pap smear, a test that screens for cervical cancer, may not be the most dignified medical test for a woman—even peeing on a stick to see if you’re p...
Can cancer treatment cause vaginal dryness?
Good In BedGood In Bed
Cancer treatments such as surgery, chemotherapy and radiation can all dry out the vagina, making sex...
12 Things Your Gyno Wants You to Stop Doing
12 Things Your Gyno Wants You to Stop Doing12 Things Your Gyno Wants You to Stop Doing12 Things Your Gyno Wants You to Stop Doing12 Things Your Gyno Wants You to Stop Doing
Skipping annual appointments, self-treating symptoms and other gyno no-nos.
Is the G-Spot Real?
Is the G-Spot Real?