Can children have uterine sarcoma?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

It may be possible for children to have uterine sarcoma, but it is exceedingly rare. Uterine sarcomas occur mainly in women over the age of 30. Uterine sarcoma is less common in young women, but can happen.

Continue Learning about Gynecologic Cancers

Can I develop female cancer if I have no ovaries or uterus?
Dr. John C. Lipman, MDDr. John C. Lipman, MD
Yes. "Female cancer" is a cancer of the female reproductive tract. If a patient has undergone comple...
Are there any screening tests for uterine sarcoma?
There are no recommended screening tests for uterine sarcoma. It is usually discovered because of th...
Should I get regular pelvic exams to prevent gynecologic cancers?
Regular pelvic exams can help your doctor detect some types of gynecologic cancers in their early st...
What are the different types of gynecologic cancers?
Uterine cancer is the most common type of gynecologic cancer. Ovarian cancer and cervical cancer are...