Can I get gingivitis from a fungal infection?

Since fungi are always present in your mouth, you can get gingivitis from using antibiotics or from health conditions that cause more fungus to grow. A common infection, thrush, forms a white film that irritates your gums and coats your tongue and corners of your mouth. It can also produce bleeding.

Continue Learning about Gingivitis

When should I seek immediate care if I have gingivitis?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
In most circumstances, you should not need immediate care if you have gingivitis. Gingivitis is t...
What is menstruation gingivitis?
Menstruation gingivitis is inflammation and irritation of the gums caused by changes in the hormones...
How can gingivitis be prevented?
Gingivitis is the mildest form of periodontal disease (an infection that affects the tissues and bon...
When should I call my dentist if I have gingivitis?
If you think you have gingivitis, schedule a dental appointment right away. Gingivitis can usually b...