How does a healthy diet help to prevent gingivitis?

Studies have show that people who do not get the right amount of calcium and vitamin C in their diet are more likely to get gingivitis and periodontal disease. Eat a balanced diet with plenty of fruits and vegetables for healthy bones, teeth and muscles. Consider taking supplements, too.

Continue Learning about Gingivitis

What are the signs of gum disease?
Signs of gum disease include: Red or swollen gums Tender or bleeding gums Painful chewing Loos...
How can gingivitis be prevented?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
Gingivitis is the mildest form of periodontal disease (an infection that affects the tissues and bon...
How does menopause affect gingivitis?
Hormonal changes in menopause can affect a woman's gums in several ways. For instance, some post...
When should I seek immediate care if I have gingivitis?
In most circumstances, you should not need immediate care if you have gingivitis. Gingivitis is t...