Does one diet plan fit all?

Thanks for the wonderful answer Dr. Oz, I will tell you one thing that is a one size fits all for all people and that is calorie management.  The more aware we are of calories consumed versus burned the more we will be able to manage weight and get and remain healthy.

All diets whether knowingly or unknowningly all target a reduction in calories, but too much of a reduction in calories can be unhealthy due to a lack of nutrients.  Many times if your calories are the appropriate then the answer is to simply increase activity.  The point being the first step is always to manage your calories and be aware of what you are doing.

Then there is tremendous importance in ratio of macronutrients and food choices.

Continue Learning about Weight Loss Diets

Try a Mediterranean Menu for Blood Sugar Control
We know that hearts "heart" a Mediterranean-style diet. But here's big news: so does your blood sugar. Yep. Mediterranean fare—rich in olive oil, veg...
How is a semi-starvation diet related to fasting?
A semi-starvation diet involves partial fasting at regular intervals. Weight loss benefits assoc...
How should I eat to balance my hormones for weight loss?
Jennifer Cohen KatzJennifer Cohen Katz
The most important thing to remember in order to better balance hormones for weight loss and relief ...
How can I tell if a fad diet is unhealthy?
The Food and Nutrition Science Alliance gives good advice on how to spot a bad diet fad: If it s...