Does GI bleeding affect children differently than adults?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

Anyone can develop GI bleeding. However, this condition is mostly found in the elderly. Some think this is because of increased pain medication usage, which can attribute to GI bleeding. Others think the elderly get GI bleeding because of previous ulcers that increase your risk for this condition.

Continue Learning about GI Bleeding

How is GI bleeding diagnosed?
Usually, your doctor can diagnose GI bleeding by examining your symptoms and seeing the evidence eit...
Is there a cure for GI bleeding?
GI bleeding is curable only in as much as the underlying condition that causes GI bleeding is curabl...
Should I talk to my doctor about my GI bleeding symptoms?
If you are experiencing any of the symptoms of GI bleeding including blood in your stool or vomit, y...
How is GI bleeding treated?
Immediate treatment of the GI bleeding includes intravenous fluids to replace those lost during blee...