Lifestyle factors that may increase your risk of colorectal cancer include being overweight or obese, being physically inactive, or using tobacco and alcohol. A diet that is high in fat and low in fiber and/or fruit and vegetables may also contribute to an increased risk of colorectal cancer.
- Q What do I need to know about caring for someone with carcinoid syndrome?
- Q What is familial adenomatous polyposis (FAP)?
- Q How can I help my family cope with my diagnosis of colon or rectal cancer?
- Q What causes familial adenomatous polyposis (FAP)?
- Q How should I prepare for an appointment to diagnose carcinoid cancer?
- Q What is gastrointestinal cancer?