What do I need to know about caring for someone with gastritis?

If you are caring for someone with gastritis, it is helpful to know what triggers their symptoms. Help the person manage their food intake: if fatty, acidic, spicy and fried foods trigger symptoms, they should be avoided. Alcohol intake and smoking may also play a role. Be sure that the person also avoids medications, like aspirin or ibuprofen, that can contribute to gastritis, but takes any medications prescribed to treat it, like antibiotics or anti-acids, as directed. In addition, encourage the person to exercise and obtain a healthy weight. Also, helping the person to manage their stress level should make a difference.

Continue Learning about Gastritis

What reaction does grapefruit have with metformin?
MediGuardMediGuard
Grapefruit juice may interfere with the enzymes that break down (metabolize) various drugs in the di...
What should I avoid if I have gastritis?
Gastritis is a painful condition where the lining of your stomach becomes inflamed or damaged fr...
What is indigestion?
Indigestion, also known as dyspepsia, is a term used to describe one or more symptoms including a fe...
Can I take Meloxiam and Celexa together?
MediGuardMediGuard
Serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) like Celexa have been associated with causing stomach and inte...