Medications help to treat fungal infections by attacking and killing the fungus that is causing the infection. For superficial fungal infections doctors usually prescribe a cream and, in rare cases, an oral medication. For deep tissue or systemic fungal infections, doctors will usually prescribe an oral medications or, in severe cases, medications administered through an IV.
- Q What is fungus?
- Q What is bronchopulmonary aspergillosis?
- Q What is the rate of incidence for fungal infections?
- Q What medications treat fungal eye infections?
- Q What are the side effects of fungal infection drugs?
- Q How can cough associated with broncho-pulmonary aspergillosis be treated?