Medications help to treat fungal infections by attacking and killing the fungus that is causing the infection. For superficial fungal infections doctors usually prescribe a cream and, in rare cases, an oral medication. For deep tissue or systemic fungal infections, doctors will usually prescribe an oral medications or, in severe cases, medications administered through an IV.
- Q What do I need to know about caring for someone with a fungal infection?
- Q What is bronchopulmonary aspergillosis?
- Q How do I manage my fungal infections on a daily basis?
- Q Are there alternative treatments for fungal infections?
- Q How does my location affect fungal infections?
- Q What are the treatment options for fungal infections?