What are the medial tarsometatarsal (TMT) joints?

There are several small joints along the arch of the foot called the medial tarsometatarsal (TMT) joints. The purpose of the TMT joints is to adjust to uneven surfaces when walking, absorb energy during each step and transfer the forward motion of the hindfoot and ankle when walking to the forefoot for push-off from the toes.

Continue Learning about Foot and Ankle Conditions

Worst Case Scenario: I Wear High Heels Every Day
High heels may turn your outfit up a notch, but they can wreak havoc on your body. “Other than how they make you look, there’s very little upside to ...
How can I keep my feet warm when they are damp?
Karen L. Gorton, PhD, MS, RNKaren L. Gorton, PhD, MS, RN
Using socks that will keep your feet warm when they are damp is another factor to consider. If your ...
How can I help prevent Morton's neuroma?
Dr. James P. Ioli, DPMDr. James P. Ioli, DPM
To prevent Morton's neuroma, wear shoes with wide toe boxes. Tight, pointy shoes are the principal c...
What Is the Harm In Wearing High Heels?
What Is the Harm In Wearing High Heels?