What can I do to cut down on my family's food waste?

Stefanie Sacks, MS
To cut down on your family's food waste, make the best use of foods that are cosmetically imperfect or going bad, buy only what you need, and use your freezer! Watch culinary nutritionist Stefanie Sacks share some key tips on minimizing food waste.

Continue Learning about Food Storage & Health

The Dos and Don’ts of Reheating Leftovers
According to some accounts, in 1953, C.A. Swanson & Sons had more than 500,000 pounds of unsold turkey after Thanksgiving. One employee suggested they...
How should cayenne pepper be stored?
Michael T. Murray, NDMichael T. Murray, ND
Cayenne peppers and paprika should be kept in a tightly sealed glass jar, away from direct sunlight,...
How should fennel be stored?
It is best to use fennel soon after purchase to take advantage of its aromatic fragrance. It should ...
How to Store and When to Toss 5 Pantry Staples
How to Store and When to Toss 5 Pantry StaplesHow to Store and When to Toss 5 Pantry StaplesHow to Store and When to Toss 5 Pantry StaplesHow to Store and When to Toss 5 Pantry Staples
Check out these tips for where to store and when to toss common food items in your kitchen from culinary nutritionist Stefanie Sacks.