How should I wash my hands to help prevent the spread of Listeria?

To help prevent the spread of Listeria and other pathogens, wet your hands with clean, running water (warm or cold) and apply soap. Rub your hands together to lather and scrub them well; be sure to scrub the backs of your hands, between your fingers, and under your nails. Continue rubbing your hands for at least 20 seconds. Need a timer? Hum the "Happy Birthday" song from beginning to end twice. Rinse your hands well under running water. Dry your hands using a clean towel or air dry them.

Continue Learning about Food Poisoning

E. coli Outbreak Linked to Romaine Lettuce (Again)
Another nationwide outbreak of E. coli infection has prompted recalls of more than 75,000 pounds of romaine lettuce and other salad mixes that contain...
What are some health concerns to be aware of when I eat at a food court?
Peter DeLuciaPeter DeLucia
Some health concerns to be aware of at a food court include the cleanliness of the dining tables, tr...
How can I keep food safe in my refrigerator?
To keep food safe in your refrigerator, do the following: Keep the refrigerator temperature it at...
10 Surprising Facts About the Deadliest Foodborne Bacteria
10 Surprising Facts About the Deadliest Foodborne Bacteria10 Surprising Facts About the Deadliest Foodborne Bacteria10 Surprising Facts About the Deadliest Foodborne Bacteria10 Surprising Facts About the Deadliest Foodborne Bacteria
Papaya, chicken and even your pet turtle can make you sick.