How do my beliefs become a barrier to improving my health and fitness?

Like a compass, your beliefs determine which direction you are headed. Beliefs help you assimilate new information and act as a guide when determining the choices you make. In terms of fitness, the beliefs you have developed, whether they are positive or negative, will create a either a clear path towards improving your fitness or will be a major obstacle. Improving one's health and fitness is a lifestyle choice. Lifestyle choices require a large commitment to bucking the status quo and incrementally establishing a new routine. Without the belief in the importance of these changes, the lifestyle changes you would seek will be nearly impossible to accomplish.

Continue Learning about Fitness Psychology

Does Time Really Fly When We Are Having Fun?
How Can the Power of Positive Thinking Help to Optimize My Workouts?