What is a rigid splint?

A rigid splint uses padded boards, folded magazines or newspapers, or padded metal strips that do not have any sharp edges.

A rigid splint prevents a body part from moving. It can be made out of plastic, metal or fiberglass.

Continue Learning about First Aid, Safety & Preparedness

Get Ticked Off Earlier This Year
Get Ticked Off Earlier This Year
During the first days of April you can enjoy the season openers for major league baseball teams across the country. It’s when the Indians, Yankees and...
5 Lifesaving Emergency Tips
5 Lifesaving Emergency Tips
Most people don’t think about what they’d do in an emergency beyond calling 911. But did you know that the average time for an ambulance to arrive fro...
What is the first important thing I should do to help an injured person?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
Calling 9-1-1 or the local emergency number for help. The call taker will send emergency medical ...
When should I call 911 at an emergency scene?
You should call 911 at an emergency scene as soon as you are aware or arrive at the scene. This will...