Why do I need to check on my first aid kit?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

It is important to check your first aid kit on a regular basis, usually four times a year. Medications expire, so you may need to replace old ones. If you keep a flashlight with your kit, ensure the batteries are still working. Lastly, you may need to replenish supplies that you've used in the past, so make sure that more common treatments, such as medications, bandages, and ice packs, are always available.

Continue Learning about First Aid, Safety & Preparedness

Keep Mosquitoes Away Naturally
Keep Mosquitoes Away Naturally
Morihei Ueshiba, founder of the Japanese martial art of Aikido, once said, “The spirit is the true shield.” While there’s no doubt Ueshiba was onto so...
Tips for a Fun and Safe Halloween
Tips for a Fun and Safe HalloweenTips for a Fun and Safe HalloweenTips for a Fun and Safe HalloweenTips for a Fun and Safe Halloween
From candy to costumes, these tips will keep your kids safe this Halloween. Scary decorations, pumpkins on doorsteps and incredible candy sales at the...
5 Tips for a Safe 4th of July
5 Tips for a Safe 4th of July5 Tips for a Safe 4th of July5 Tips for a Safe 4th of July5 Tips for a Safe 4th of July
From fireworks to backyard barbeques, here’s how to help ensure your July 4th is fun and injury-free. For many Americans, the 4th of July involves wat...
How to Use an EpiPen
How to Use an EpiPen