Why do I need to check on my first aid kit?

It is important to check your first aid kit on a regular basis, usually four times a year. Medications expire, so you may need to replace old ones. If you keep a flashlight with your kit, ensure the batteries are still working. Lastly, you may need to replenish supplies that you've used in the past, so make sure that more common treatments, such as medications, bandages, and ice packs, are always available.

You need to check on your first aid kit to replace any items that are missing, add medications for family members, change out items that may have expired and check flashlight batteries.

Continue Learning about First Aid, Safety & Preparedness

Tornado Preparedness: Your Guide to Staying Safe During a Tornado
While images of tornadoes may be beautiful in photographs, they can be deadly and wreak havoc on residential homes, businesses and natural habitats. T...
What can I do if someone has fallen in my home?
Leigh Vinocur, MDLeigh Vinocur, MD
If someone has fallen in your home: – If they are not breathing start CPR and stop any bleeding w...
5 Tips for a Safe 4th of July
5 Tips for a Safe 4th of July5 Tips for a Safe 4th of July5 Tips for a Safe 4th of July5 Tips for a Safe 4th of July
From fireworks to backyard barbeques, here’s how to help ensure your July 4th is fun and injury-free.
What Are Some Grilling Safety Tips?
What Are Some Grilling Safety Tips?