What are the signals that someone is going into shock?

It is important to recognize the symptoms of shock because early treatment can be life saving. There are multiple causes of shock, including infection, low blood volume and/or severe heart disease. Some of the signals that someone is going into shock may include the following:
  • low blood pressure
  • rapid, weak or absent pulse
  • confusion or change in consciousness
  • cool or clammy skin
  • decreased urine output
  • rapid breathing
Signals include:
  • Restlessness or irritability
  • An altered level of consciousness
  • Nausea or vomiting
  • Pale or ashen cool, moist skin
  • Rapid breathing and pulse
  • Excessive thirst

Continue Learning about First Aid For Medical Emergencies & Conditions

Avoid Unnecessary Trips to the Emergency Department
In the movie Pay It Forward, the storyline is all about doing good deeds for strangers who, in turn, pass on a good deed to someone they don’t know. O...
How can someone at work help me if I have a seizure?
MDLIVEMDLIVE
The best thing you can do for them is to protect them from injury during the seizure. Lay them on th...
What is the recovery position in first aid?
The recovery position in first aid is designed to maintain the airway of an unconscious person. Ther...
How to Make a Makeshift Bat and Survival Bag