What is the earliest that is healthy for my baby to be born?

Week 37 is when your baby is considered full-term. At this point, the baby is far enough in development to be healthy outside the womb. Before 37 weeks is considered pre-term, and the baby has a better chance of survival the closer they are able to get to 37 weeks. Babies born at 24 weeks have a 50% chance of survival, while that chance jumps all the way up to 92% at 29 weeks. The safety of a pre-term birth depends on how developed your baby is at the time.

Continue Learning about Fetal Development Basics & Pregnancy

What is fetal blood sampling?
Deborah Raines, MSNDeborah Raines, MSN
Fetal blood sampling, also known as PUBS (percutaneous umbilical blood sampling), is the collection ...
When should pregnant women start feeling fetal movement?
Eastern Idaho Regional Medical CenterEastern Idaho Regional Medical Center
Pregnant women typically start feeling fetal movement during the second trimester, commonly between ...
Why is birth weight plotted on a bell curve?
The classic bell curve helps make a vital point about how your baby's weight in the womb influences ...
Will I deliver my baby early if I have IUGR?
SwedishSwedish
If you have intrauterine growth restriction (IUGR) and your baby has stopped growing or has other pr...