If I'm pregnant and carrying high, will I have a girl?

This is a myth and about as accurate as a guess - it's right half the time. "Carrying high" means the pregnancy bump, or the most protruding part of the belly, rides high on the abdomen. "Carrying low" means the bump is closer to the pelvis. If a woman has tight abdominal muscles, however, the bump will be high. A woman whose abdominal muscles have loosened because of age or previous pregnancies will carry a baby lower. The only true way to know the baby's gender is through an ultrasound or amniocentesis.

Continue Learning about Pregnancy, Fertility and Childbirth

How Is Hyperemesis Gravidarum Treated?
How Is Hyperemesis Gravidarum Treated?
How Soon After Giving Birth Can I Have Sex?
When Is the Proper Time to Tell Your Child They Have a Sibling On the Way?
Can Petite Women Safely Give Birth Vaginally?